Face Mask Friday

It's Friday and that means it's almost the weekend, and of course it's time for me to review this weeks face mask!

This week I tried out another really interesting Montagne Jeunesse face mask which is the cold press virgin olive oil mud masque. It also contains shea and cocoa butter "to leave your skin super smooth and deeply cleansed. Since I've been suffering with a bit of dry skin recently, I though it was the perfect time to try this out.

Untitled


Price: Montagne Jeunesse face masks can usually be found in Boots or Superdrug for around £1.00-£1.50 each and are often on offer

Scent: I wasn't sure about the smell at all. It's got a kind of olive and herbaly scent to it which I think some people might like, but I wasn't overly keen on it. That being said, whilst it smelt strongly while wet after it had dried the scent disappears.

Untitled


Application: The mixture is nice and smooth with the consistency of a thick lotion. It wasn't too sticky to apply, and felt nice and cooling on the face (lovely after a hot day!). After it had dried it did need a bit of scrubbing to get it off though. In fact, part way through removing it I realised I looked a bit like a reptile/zombie/leprosy victim!



Results: After I'd removed it my skin felt really lovely actually. It really felt like it had deeply cleansed my skin as well as giving it some much needed moisture. I've been let down by some Montagne Jeunesse face maks in the past so I don't ever really expect too much from them, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Repurchase: The only things I don't like about this mask is the scent and the scrubbing required to remove it, which really are only minor things. I think I might buy this again in the future, but I think I'd like to try some other face masks with oil in them first. Maybe I'll find one that I like the smell of!


Have you tried this face mask? What did you think?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this formula, but I have tried a few from the brand. My favourite face masks are from Lush, Caudalie, Origins, and Ahava :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been lusting over some Origin facemasks for a while, will have to try some soon! x

      Delete
  2. Your blog is very lovely, dear! I'm now your newest follower :D

    This post was quite informative. I'm always looking for new masks to try, so I found this particularly helpful. I don't think the "cons," so to speak, bother me all that much. I think in this case, the results from this mask far outweigh the smell or amount of scrubbing I'd have to do to get it off lol ^_^ Take care, and have a good weekend! I look forward to more posts from you.

    ReplyDelete