Face Mask Friday

This week my skin has really been playing up and has been really dry. I figured it was the perfect time to try out this Montagne Jeunesse Very Berry Ultra Moisturising and Cleansing face mask.


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled



Price: You can usually pick these up for about £1.00 at Boots or Superdrug, but are regularly on offer.

Scent: This face mask is made with blueberries, cranberries, peaches and aloe and so has a nice light fruity scent. Doesn't smell too artificial or too strongly either.

Application: It has a nice consistency, not too sticky, which made it easy to apply. It was a metallic lilac colour which I've never seen before in a face mask. The only thing I didn't like was the glitter it had running through it. It's a really fine glitter which you don't feel at all and which I think gives it it's metallic sheen, but I personally really dislike glitter in face products. That disappointed me because there was no mention of the glitter on the packet and in fact the model pictured on the sachet doesn't even look like she's wearing the same mask.

Results: After I washed off the mask my skin felt clean, not tight, and nicely moisturised. I did, of course, still have some of the fine glitter all over my face which I didn't like. I just feel that the glitter made me skin look a little brighter, but that was only down to the glitter and not the actual face mask. It almost feels like the glitter is in there to make the face mask seem like it's doing something that it's not.

Repurchase: I do have another sachet of that to go through, so I might use that one. But I probably wont repurchase this. It was fine as a face mask, and if you don't mind the shimmer then you might like to try this, but it wasn't for me.


Have you tried this mask before? What did you think? x

16 comments:

  1. My quite night in tonight includes a face mask..pampering time:) xx

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glitter in a face mask? That sounds horrible!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wish i could wair face masks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this mask! It really soothes my skin when I'm having a bad break out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did like this mask, it was just the shimmer that put me off :) x

      Delete
  5. i love this range, i found they can be a bit messy as theres so much product in one sachet, but after using one a week for a month my skin was the clearest its ever been :)

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this range too, they do so many amazing sounding face masks so I've got lots more to try out :) x

      Delete
  6. even though im allergic to these, im always interested to see what people have to say, pity about the glitter... very edward cullen however haha.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did look a bit Cullen-like come to think of it! haha xo

      Delete
  7. Love the idea of Face Mask Friday!I love Origins face masks as they don't make me break out! (:

    xoxo

    beautybybobbi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying doing Face Mask Friday and it's encouraging me to try out lots of new products :)

      I've been eyeing up some Origins face masks for a while now, have heard so many good things about the brand, think I might have to treat myself soon ;) xo

      Delete
  8. I've tried this one before - it was pretty good! I must try some more face masks out :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just bought a few of these face masks, I love all of them!

    Danielle xx

    missdanielle.com

    ReplyDelete