August Favourites

Can you believe that August is over already?

August favourites



Seems like I was just loving everything this month! Which is no bad thing because I've now got a whole bunch of favourites to share with you lovelies.


Af


Let's start with Boots Ingredients Coconut Body Oil. This was just a random purchase while I was in Boots one day, and boy am I glad I picked it up. I love it. First of all the scent. I'm on a real coconut kick at the moment and this just smells perfect. It's a very light and faint coconut scent but the thing I love about it most is that it smells like real coconut milk, and not artificial like most things.

I've been using this for so many things. Of course it can be used as just a body oil. It takes a while to sink in, but when it does it's a real treat for your skin. I've also been loving rubbing into my hands and feet... it's done wonders for my cuticles. Like I said before, it takes a while to sink in but I think it's worth it.

Coconut oil, as well as being super moisturising, actually has antibacterial properties. Recently I've been mixing a little of this with a clay face mask for super soft skin and to combat spots and blemishes.

Repurchase? You betcha. In fact, I already have, and at only £2.54 I'll probably be repurchasing this again and again.


Untitled


About a year ago there was a big fuss in the beauty community about this stuff and how amazing it is, and it's taken me this long to get on the bandwagon. I won't blather on about this too much as I'm sure that you've read it all before. But a dab on my blemishes at night really has improved them.

Repurchase? Again, I already have!


Untitled


This has been featured in my favourites many a time before, and I did consider not mentioning it again, but I've loved it and continued to love it for so long, I thought just a quick mention wouldn't do any harm.

In short it's the only moisturiser that I've used that doesn't aggrivate my blemishes, and actually helps them. You can also pile it on as a sort of face mask/spot treatment as well.

Repurchase? Of course.


Untitled



Untitled


Okay, so I finally get using brushes to apply foundation. I used to be a slap it on my face with my fingers girl, and had tried foundation brushes and really didn't like them. I couldn't spread the foundation and blend it as well as I could with my fingers. That was until I got my stipple brush from ELF.

Man I love this thing. You know when you discover something and you think "How on Earth did I survive without this thing?". It gives such a flawless finish to the foundation and allows you to apply it thicker in certain areas and less in other areas while making the whole face look evenly applied. Love it.

I think my love for it is partly down to this foundation too. I've always gravitated towards matte foundations. Matte powder. Matte face. I think I remained in my teenage, oily-skinned, mind-set and any face product that wasn't matte just made me look greasy. Now I'm kind of realising that I'm not a teenager anymore, and my skin actually isn't all that oily, and I'm branching out into other face products. I think this foundation is wonderful. It gives great coverage, and gives you a lovely, healthy, fresh-faced glow, the kind that I'd spent the majority of my teenage years covering up with powder. It lasts really well, and wears off evenly (my pet hate is foundation that wear off unevenly and leaves you looking patchy!).

Repurchase? Probably yes to both, but I think I might try out the Healthy Serum Foundation first.


Untitled


I was considering treating myself to the Urban Decay Naked Palette, but now I just don't feel I need to with the MUA Undressed Palette. Now I know that you've probably read so much about this already, and quite rightly too, it's fantastic. The most gorgeous range of neutral colours ever (matte, pearl and glittery) with excellent pigmentation and staying power and all for just £4. It's just fantastic. Love it. Enough said.


Untitled


Again, this is another (well-deserved) favourite in the beauty community. The Sleek Contour palette is just lovely. It's a matte brown contouring colour, with a lovely light shimmery highlighting shade. The perfect kit of contouring and comes in a durable case with a great mirror, and only £6! I'll definitely be checking out more Sleek products in the near future.


Untitled



Untitled


This is the MeMeMe Correct and Perfect Concealer Kit, and it is such a lovely and compact little kit! This shade is Bare and it is the absolute perfect shade for me, seriously, I've never had a concealer this perfect a match before. It's a wonderful creamy concealer, easy to blend, and has good lasting power. It's not great for under eyes as it has a tendency to crease, but I've found it works well on blemishes. It also comes with a little mirror, and a loose translucent powder for extra staying power. Love it!




And that's it for this month! Have you tried any of these products? What did you think? x

10 comments:

  1. I really like the look of the Sleek contour kit, I might have to go have a peek! :) xx

    daintydesires.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't expect to like it as much as I do, now I use it almost every day! :) x

      Delete
  2. Sudocrem is my lifesaver!! Also love the undressed palette! Sleek contour palette looks really nice too! Ahhh I'm glad you had a good experience with the ELF Studio stippling brush, I loved mine at first and now it feels like it's going to break whenever I use it!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's the one drawback with ELF brushes. Their good and excellent value for money, but don't last as long as the high end ones. But for just over £3 I can't really complain! xo

      Delete
  3. i LOVE the mua undressed palette! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Hard to believe it's only £4! x

      Delete
  4. I really want to try the healthy mix foundation. I'm a total fountain virgin, I've never bought one just tried samples! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Healthy mix could be quite good as a "first foundation" as it gives a lovely natural finish even applied thinly. I would also suggest Garnier BB Cream too.

      Though if you are a foundation virgin it's probably because you have lovely skin and don't even need foundation at all! :) xo

      Delete
  5. i love the clearasil moisturiser too :) great blog, you definitely deserve another follower :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I'm glad you like it :)

      The clearasil moisturiser is a total lifesaver for me. Don't know how I coped without it! xo

      Delete