Natural Leopard Nail Art

As soon as I got myself a gorgeous nude/beigey nail varnish I knew I wanted to try out some Leopard nail art with it. Leopard print is still my easy, go-to nail art for when I want to jazz up my nails as it requires very little dexterity and you don't even need nail art pens!

Here's what I used for my nail art look...

Untitled
Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Liquid Eyeliner - Black
MeMeMe Nail Gloss in Alluring
Rimmel Lycra Pro in Posh Trash
Models Own Base/Top Coat



First I painted two coats of my base colour, in this case MeMeMe nail varnish in Alluring.

Untitled



Then, using old hair grips, I dotted Rimmel Lycra Pro in Posh Trash at various points on the nail. You could also use a specific nail art pen for this as well as a pencil tip or, if you're careful, the normal nail varnish brush.


Untitled



Then, using my liquid eyeliner, I roughly outlined the gold dots and filled in any spaces with leopard-like spots. Again, this can be done with a nail art pen.


Top tip: If you do use liquid eyeliner and find that it doesn't stay nicely on the nail varnish surface (think writing in felt tip on a cd) then a quick spritz of hairspray on the nails works a treat!

Untitled



Having only ever used this eyeliner for nail art I don't know if this occurs with other brands, but I find that when the eyeliner dries it goes lighter and looks more grey. However, a top coat fixes this instantly so it's nothing to worry about.


Untitled



And there you have it! Easy peasy!
What's your go-to easy nail art? x

14 comments:

  1. That looks really cool! You have more patience than me though . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really very easy, and doesn't take that long at all. You should give it a go! :) x

      Delete
  2. This looks lovely. I haven't done leopard nails for so long, must do it again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely going to try this (I'm usually way too uncoordinated for such endeavors). Just stumbled across your blog and it is lovely, I am following now and look forward to catching up on past posts and reading more in the future.

    Bronwyn

    little-bravery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it. You should definitely give it a go! :) x

      Delete
  4. That looks great! Too bad it wouldn't look that good if I would try it myself :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really easy! You should try! :) x

      Delete
  5. Wow that is gorgeous! I love the neutral yet wild aspect of this look :) x.k.
    http://profoundfeline.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! I think it's my favourite nail art :) x

      Delete
  6. I love your nail art! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute! love the blog girl

    www.sultanassanctuary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete