I've been buying books...

1 click ordering on Amazon has been nothing but a nuisance as far as my bank account is concerned, but when I'm browsing and looking through recommendations sometimes I just can't resist!

Here's what will be heading through my letter box soon...

Marie Antoinette by Antonia Fraser


My knowledge of history is horrifically sparse, so I thought I'd rectify the situation by doing a little reading. I've heard really great things about Fraser's works and that they read really nicely as well as being incredibly informative. I'm really looking forward to delving into this one.


Ex Libris: Confessions of a Common Reader by Anne Fadiman


Let's face facts, I couldn't not buy this. A collection of essays about owning, collecting and a life long obsession with books? Yes please.


The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde


This is one of those books that I've wanted to read for so long, but just hadn't got around to yet. So I figured buying it is one step closer to actually reading it, right?


And finally,
Dead Souls by Nikolai Gogol


After reading and adoring Crime and Punishment, I have wanted to explore some other Russian authors. I'm a cheapskate so I went for the Wordsworth edition, which I understand might not be the best translation. But C&P was also a wordsworth edition and I found it fine to read, although I did pick up on a teeny error. Still loved it all the same...


So what are you reading, loving, recommending at the moment?


Peace H xx

1 comment:

  1. I love The Picture of Dorian Gray! It's just beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete