Listen In Thursdays

This is my first, of hopefully many, music related posts. I absolutely love discovering new bands and rediscovering my love of some of "the oldies", so I hope to keep you updated on what I've been listening to this week. And maybe you can let me know whats been entertaining your ears!


Firstly, this week, I have been listening to Frank Turner's album "England Keep My Bones"


I have absolutely fallen in love with this album. It can get a little cheesy in places, but a little cheese every so often isn't a bad thing. "Peggy Sang The Blues" is just one of those happy Summery songs that even after listening to it once, you'll find yourself singing it later. I am sucker for melodic acoustic indie music, so this is just my type of album and I shall definitely be checking out his 3 previous albums (how have I never heard of this gem before?!).


I've also been listening to Bon Iver's self-titled album.


After first listen I wasn't so sure about this album. It's extremely chilled out which I've found out is perfect for listening to at night or while reading. I've really come round to this album, especially the "Perth" track - but that may be because I live in Perth. It reminds me a little bit of My Morning Jacket, but way more relaxed. It's nice though.


And finally, Arctic Monkey's new album "Suck It And See"


In my opinion, this album is so much better than their last, which for some reason I never really got into. I'm sensing "Black Treacle" is going to become a bit of a Summer anthem for me, I haven't stopped singing it! Definitely worth a listen.


H x

1 comment:

  1. It's interesting to read that you like the Artic Monkies' new album because I know it's been getting bad reviews from the "music snobs". I will give it a try. I adore your blog and will definitly come back to read more of your posts. I wish you lots of luck with it.

    All the best,
    Voe.
    ________________________________________
    http://lipstick-and-pearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete